susanylee

susanylee

Evenfall (In the Company of Shadows, #1)

Evenfall (In the Company of Shadows, #1) - Santino Hassell,  Ais Ok, hand over the medal. I finished. Look, I’m usually ALL about the instant-gratification. Give me 100’ish pages with a HEA and I’ll give you a smile. So, obvi, I was NOT looking forward to devoting myself to 1500 pages of dystopian angst. But, begrudgingly, I began. AND THANK GOD I DID...At times it felt torturous, at times it felt painful, at times it felt comedic, at times it felt blissful, at times it felt frustrating, at times it felt like it would never end…at times I wished it would never end…Ultimately, it all came down to the strength of the characters. And though I became so connected to Hsin & Boyd that I had a myriad of emotional & physical reactions to their journey…it wasn’t just them. It was ALL of them… strong, interesting, haunting, sympathetic, annoying, aggravating, tender, attractive, fierce characters. And that’s what drives this book…that’s what makes you want to push through 1500 pages…to find out what happens to them…After Book 1:Boyd = BratHsin = HperfectRyan = the pocket version of my dream manKassian = I’d do you in a heartbeat.Viv = Looked up frigid bitch in the dictionary. It read “see Vivienne Beaulieu”Thierry & Jessica = rageYes, the book dragged at parts, and indeed, it is WAY too long, but still, totally worth the blurry-eyed, sleep-deprived, over-caffeinated 5 days it took me to finish. Note to authors (Sonny & Ais): the story is SO MUCH BETTER in the scenes where Sin & Boyd are together…just sayin’. Oh, and I’ve now entrusted you with my heart…please don’t destroy it.