susanylee

susanylee

Scorpion

Scorpion - Aleksandr Voinov 4.5 starsThis is what I was thinking to myself: "Self, how is it possible that Aleksandr Freaking Voinov, The Genius, is THIS good?!" and also "Hey dork, what took you so long to read this book?"What I so loved about Scorpion is that every single character meant something in this book...had a role...not one was a throwaway. That's pretty amazing. Widowmaker. Vistar An Grekaran. Riktan. Dev. Kiran. Lady. High Priest. Smoke. Executioner. Puppy. You know what else I loved? Kendras...and his intense loyalty to the Scorpions. And you know what else? Adrastes...freaking DREAM MAN...I love him!And you know what else? Selvan...mine...he's mine...I want to hug him and kiss him and hold him and pet him!And you know what else? Kendras and Adrastes...*sigh*...And you know what else? The MC's were men of COLOR!And you know what else? There were female warriors and leaders!Now, my only tiny grievance is this: Steel. I liked him! And after being prominent in the 1st half of the book, he basically disappeared in the 2nd half. Felt like AV gave up on him. And then he dies unceremoniously and w/o much description. Heck...I miss him. I think there was potential for more story...Per usual, great book, too short, waiting on a sequel, highly recommended.