susanylee

susanylee

Dominant Predator (The Borders War)

Dominant Predator (The Borders War, #2) - S.A. McAuley 4.5 starsSomebody make this series into a big-budget action movie…IMMEDIATELY…pleeeease!Dominant Predator is so so good…it has it all: strong characters, political intrigue (story), cool weapons, futuristic war-time battle scenes, tension, a nasty bad guy, a bunch of who-can-I-trust good guys…all the juicy stuff. And to just give it that extra nudge: Merq and Armise – damn these 2 are SEXY! URGH! I want them. Both. Together. To be MINE.I read book one of the Borders War series, [b:One Breath One Bullet|17258549|One Breath One Bullet (The Borders War, #1)|S.A. McAuley|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1358536321s/17258549.jpg|23853178], and really enjoyed it. The first book intro’s you to Merq & Armise, 2 loner soldiers fighting on opposite sides, often times head-to-head, with sexual tension in spades. The world building was a bit confusing, but by the end I was sucked in. Book 2 picks up immediately following.*Ok, so it’s here, amongst friends, that I’ll admit what a dork I am: I was reading the PROLOGUE to this book and was totally confused because, not realizing it was a scene from the past, I thought I was, yet again, lost…and almost got so frustrated, I was going to reread book 1! So, lesson to all: the prologue is set IN. THE. PAST! :)I won’t go into too much lest I spoiler some of the stuff you learn in book 1, but I will say this: SA McAuley keeps setting up this series in ways that make you hope and plead and beg that there will be at least 20 more books. Every time the author reveals something, a new secret or question or dilemma takes it’s place. And you have to uncover the truth while desperate to find out what happens next. ALL of this is made TASTIER by the relationship that is building between the 2 MC’s. Men who don’t trust, finding themselves trusting one another. It’s rough and masculine and powerful.The only thing it’s missing is a bit more depth of emotion from the characters. But, I sense that restraint is completely the author’s intention.This book left me WANTING…not because it didn’t deliver, but because WHAT it delivered fuels desire for more – I want MORE of the story, I want MORE of the history, I want MORE of Merq & Armise, I want more death (