susanylee

susanylee

Elements of Retrofit - N.R. Walker 3.5 starsI love NR Walker books. They’re just so…easy…to read. I never get caught thinking “wait…what just happened here?” or “damn, I have a feeling something really bad is going to happen” or “ugh…that pissed me off”. I usually can start one of her books, read straight through (not wanting to put it down), and finish feeling satisfied, happy, and entertained.Elements of Retrofit is, yet again, a winner. I typically don’t love the May/December romance trope, and the friend-of-my-grown-child thing squigs me out a bit. BUT, here’s the deal Thomas Elkin is HOT. I love him. He’s an architect, he’s charming, he’s sweetly uncertain, he’s smart…I could go on and on. He makes the book for me.Cooper, the ‘younger man’ sometimes reads a bit too young for me and at other times really mature. I think this was a conscious effort on the part of the author, but it made it harder for me to feel connected to him and get to know him. Still, the two of them had some crazy chemistry together had some of the HOTTEST kisses…like, I had to put my kindle down, take a breath, and regain some control before reading on. Swoon-worthy kisses! And more…yes…gloriously yes, more. My one minor irritation (