susanylee

susanylee

Warrior's Cross - Madeleine Urban 4.5 starsI can see how people would LIKE this book. Me? Well, I LOVED IT! It surprised me how much I ended up really loving the simplicity of the story. It was one of my most satisfying reads lately. Why?This book doesn’t hide behind anything but builds itself completely on the relationship between Cameron and Julien. *Opposites attract*A simple, normal, middle-of-the-road guy can attract the gorgeous, mysterious one*People can fall in love and THEN get to know each other…and fall more in love*Alpha-males can have a soft side…and it’s typically beautiful to behold*Happiness is attractive*Good guys can do bad things…and still be good guys*Fierce loyalty is heartwarming*It’s painful when your best friend becomes your enemyThere were portions of this book I’d read (“are you scared of me?”) that I felt all the way to the tips of my toes. Painful heart aches that made my stomach plummet. Beautiful declarations that made me cry. And a fantastic little bit of suspense/action that was SO good. I read this book simply to get more background before jumping into “Armed & Dangerous” of the Cut & Run series (Julien & Cameron are featured in this book along w/ Ty & Zane). But, I have to confess…Julien & Cameron have overtaken Ty & Zane as my fave M/M couple. A solid *sigh* after “The End” is my tell-tale sign that I loved the book…*sigh*