susanylee

susanylee

Social Skills - Sara Alva 3.5+ stars…really enjoyable…Oh Connor…dear sweet Connor. I have invited you into my “House of the Huggables” to live with Ryan from the ICoS series and Parker from "American Love Songs". I will love and spoil and take care of the three of you and lavish many hugs…not in the dirty, perverted, older woman way…but more in the I-heart-you-like-a-teddy-bear-way (ummm…maybe no less creepy)I heart Connor. Painfully shy and lonely…uncertain, with barely a sliver of self-esteem…except when he gets lost in the music of his violin. His fears caused such an ache in my heart. But, his growth throughout his 1st year in college had me jumping up and down and cheering!Jared (How many M/M MC’s are named Jared? Guesses? I can think of 4 right now…)…closeted, popular football player. I crushed on him. And then I was angry as all get-out at him. And then I felt super sorry for him. And now…well, I got my eye on you kid. DON’T mess it up…Social Skills is a sweet YA book with a more than familiar storyline but with some really lovely characters. I think it was a bit too long and I found the entire Ronnie storyline the last 20% of the book totally unnecessary. But other than that highly recommended if you’re 1)a YA M/M fan, 2)in the mood for sweet, sprinkled with angst, 3)were a band geek growing up and want to see the violinist come out on top! Thanks Dani for tweeting about this book and reco’ing and to the BBE for a great March book-of-the-month!