susanylee

susanylee

Paper Planes - M. Jules Aedin Well, I noticed that most my friends who rated this so high read it back in 2011/2012. I don't know if that means anything, but I thought this book was a decent read...didn't knock my socks off, but I enjoyed it enough. Parts were a little slow and overly detailed...I mean, I'm thankful to know he picked up his camera bag, checked the positioning so the cameras wouldn't get damaged, repositioned one camera lens .05 degrees, made sure that it was locked, fixed the strap on the bag, dusted off a piece of lint...but sometimes, it's gets to be a bit much.As far as the storyline, Paper Planes is one of the betters I've read about a lost partner, a grieving survivor, and new love blooming. I've also come to realize this isn't my favorite plot in M/M books as none of them have really stirred the kind of emotion in me that I'd expect for such heavy subject matter. The book is decently smut-worthy and the characters (Stuart and Dustin) are likable enough. I appreciate the age/maturity (36 and 48) as you don't see that too often romance books these days. Other than that, read it if you like the grieving-to-new-love storyline and if you want a little dose of emotion-laced-smut. Otherwise, it's a bit slow and I'd pass.