susanylee

susanylee

Side Line - Ben Ryder Well…this book was just baaaaad…What’s that saying? ...“if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all”…eh…Look, you’re not gonna get me to shut up just because I don’t have anything nice to say. Ha! But, I’ll keep this short. The story had potential (beer brand promoter sent to Bahrain to distribute at clubs/bars among the soldiers). I have to say, that’s a new one for me. But the 2 MC’s had zero likability-factor. In fact, the soldier of the 2 was an ass. Throw in “buddy” as a pet name and the most RIDICULOUS let-me-try-and-convince-you-that-these-two-could-actually-fall-in-love angle and I was rolling my eyes to the point it became painful. And, to be honest, this was WAY too heavy on the estrogen levels. There are more female characters than male ones. I can’t stand beer bimbos (aka “street teams”) at my bars where there’s free booze. Not likely I’ll be able to stand them sober while reading what’s supposed to be “escapist fare”. Pass…trust me…just…pass…