susanylee

susanylee

Acrobat - Mary Calmes Let’s go through the Mary Calmes checklist:1. Is there a Jory? Yes, his name is Nate and he’s a professor2. Is there a Sam? Yes, his name is Dreo and he’s a mob enforcer/hitman/bodyguard–turned-contractor3. Are there children? Yes, one grown and one teenager, Michael4. Does everyone, including straight people want the Jory? Yes, all the men, women, and children (and parents) all love Nate.5. Is there instalove that was actually hidden love for many years?Yes, Dreo has loved Nate for four years.6. Is there danger for Jory? Yes, Nate’s in danger.7. Does Jory end up in the hospital? Yes, Nate ends up in the hospital.8. Is there one big happy family at the end? Yes, Nate & Dreo’s families all love each other and live HEA.True to form…and most definitely a black-out level of drunkenness if playing Emma’s Mary Calmes Drinking Game…this is classic Queen o’Fluff.And though I’m usually one of those that eats up QoF’s standard MO, this is one of my lesser-enjoyed reads of hers. Nate is an older, wiser Jory. Dreo is a younger, less-interesting, less-alpha Sam. The story is the same. But this one was just…boring. That, and, *gasp*, the sex was kinda tame! I’m so used to body bending, slam-it-on-home sex from Calmes books. *For all you Dreo fans out there, yeah…he’s ok. But Rand remains my favorite Sam. If you’ve never read QoF, there are better books out there of hers.If you’re a fan, this one will scratch the itch, but probably won’t be a favorite.