susanylee

susanylee

Play Me, I'm Yours - Madison Parker I surprise even myself how I’m so easily sucked into the M/M YA-formula story: bullied geek finds himself the attraction of the closeted jock, sexual exploration, angst & hurt feelings, sweet making up, and HEA until graduation (and sometimes beyond). I love it. I could read book after book of this story as long as the characters are likable. No surprises here as far as the formula goes. So, duh, I’m going to like it. I just don't love it.Jamie, our MC, is almost TOO naïve. The first few times he was moved to tears, I felt the emotion. But by the 100th time, I was rolling my eyes. (Me. Heartless biotch)Donovan - dude…what the heck’s HIS problem? What an epic jerk! Did we find out exactly why he was such as ass?Jamie’s mother was despicable.His father 180’d almost too easily.His brother is your classic little brat. The best friend, meh, whatever…I don’t even remember her name.Alex, almost TOO well-adjusted for a popular high school kid. David – Ummm…I know I’m not the only one who thinks it’s weird that a high school kid is into BDSM, right?The only real standout for me was Zach. I love that kid. What a sweetie. I heart Madison Parker and loved “Sock it to me, Santa”. It’s a decent follow-up from her. Good, not great. Entertaining, but not a standout. If you have >100 books on your TBR and >10 of those are YA, you can pass on this one.