susanylee

susanylee

Lovers and Other Strangers - Josh Lanyon YES! I’ve been waiting for this day! The day that I could say it: “I’ve found my favorite Lanyon!”I am a Josh Lanyon fan. His books are entertaining. I dubbed him “3-star Lanyon”…I know what I’m gonna get…a short, easy, good read. But, I haven’t LOVED any of them…and the ones I felt were GREAT were all too short. Yes, “Lovers and Other Strangers” would be EVEN BETTER with 50+ more pages. But, I just loved this book. Not TOO short that I’m left starving for more and written with what I love most about his books: great characters and an intriguing mystery-bent story! He kept me guessing till the very end. (though, the big reveal was a bit “WTF…really?”…)I love Finn. I love (ok, no, I hate actually, but in that love-to-hate way) his history with Con. Fitch was an outstanding character even though he never had any true page time. The relationships between the characters were so good and as mentioned before, I loved the mystery. Yes, there were holes and so many details I wish had been included. But, Lanyon has conditioned me to want SO MUCH MORE at the end of his books that now that I’ve found one that I just want A LITTLE MORE (it’s all relative, right?), I feel a sense of satisfaction. Good stuff. Highly recommended.