susanylee

susanylee

Unconditional Love - Andrew  Grey 2.5 StarsMy first Andrew Grey book...hmmmm...I wanted fluff…a sweet, no-brainer HEA. What I got was a downer story with bad writing.For the first half of this book, I was really getting into it. Yes, it is depressing as all get out. This poor kid, Donny, has everything thrown at him, but he’s still so sweet. I actually shed tears for him! I wanted to crawl into my kindle and hug him and tell him I’ll take care of him. And the first-love story between Donny & Jay made my heart FULL.And though the depressing situations kept bombarding me, I was still engaged. Good god…it was like “let’s fit in every shitty thing that can happen into one book”. But, I was set on Donny & Jay and wanted to see them make it in the end. But, come about the 65% mark, it felt like a new author started writing the book. And the overall style changed which took the story, the writing, the characters, the dialogue into THIS-IS-RIDICULOUS-TOWN and it just started to drown in the cheesiness. I ended the book really borderline apathetic but ultimately annoyed.Though the book is listed as #2 in a series, it works as a stand-alone. But, I’d pass altogether…