susanylee

susanylee

Half Moon Chambers - Harper Fox Harper Fox has a way about her writing: she can make anything beautiful…and she seems to choose broken people, mired in hopelessness, intertwines these depressing situations with her lyrical prose and makes something…LOVELY. What I like best about her books: her couples LOVE desperately and deeply. In all honesty, Half Moon Chambers is essentially the same book as Scrap Metal: broken MC1 meets broken MC2 (this one w/ a secret), fall in love (gorgeously), exquisite descriptions of everything around them, handsome ex-boyfriend comes into the mix, a little danger, a little intrigue, and a love that conquers all…strong in character and setting, weaker in story and plot.But, I loved it. It works…the way Harper Fox writes It, it works fabulously…Vince and Rowan…their lives were so sad…but they found a way to bring healing to one another. Two imperfect people forging a beautiful bond…I don’t think her style is for everyone. Some may find her overly verbose. Some may find the lyrical style cheesy. Some may not be able to look past the holes in her story. But as for me…I’m a fan.