susanylee

susanylee

The Flesh Cartel #3: Choices - Rachel Haimowitz, Heidi Belleau 4 stars …now, in light of this rating, what I’m about to say might make no sense at all:I f’ing HATE these books.By book 3, I no longer feel shock, am beyond anger…now, it’s just rage. I seriously want to hurt someone. I want to destroy every single person who laid a hand on Dougie and Mat. (And I vacillate between wanting to shake Dougie & Mat out of frustration and of course, wanting to protect them, save them...)But, you see…the sick thing is, I actually believe that’s the reaction Rachel and Heidi planned all along for their readers. To slap them around so hard that they want to retaliate. And for that mastery, and for inciting the kind of emotions in me that I typically do NOT tap into, I commend them.Kudos for the addition of Nikolai, slave trainer, sick mutherf’er, and a BRILLIANT character in episode 3. I honestly wish I had never started this series. It’s sick, twisted, brutal, unrelenting. But, I did…and once I turned that first page, I was shackled and became my own form of prisoner. I won’t be released from Dougie & Mat until the last season’s last episode. And for that, I’m both terrified of what’s ahead and dreading it...but of course…I can’t wait.