susanylee

susanylee

Afflicted II - Brandon Shire 3.5 stars …like but not love…I have been anxiously awaiting this follow-up to the first book! I fell in love with Hunter & Dillon (oh Dillon) and their uniquely senses-filled, beautifully budding relationship. Afflicted II, however, fell a little flat for me. Hunter & Dillon, instead of feeling more developed, felt more stereotyped and characterized. And the originality that made book 1 so appealing was lacking in book 2. Yes, there were still some gorgeous love scenes and displays of emotions (mountain cabin sex to the rhythm of the rain…lovely), but even those started to feel a bit contrived. Then there were scenes that I just didn’t understand…they felt out of place and unnecessary.I can’t deny still feeling drawn to the MC’s and their relationship, and I have a particular obsession towards Dillon. I would still love to read a 3rd installment and see where Shire takes these guys. But, as far as Afflicted II on its own: entertaining & hot…but just slightly disappointing. Liked it...just not as much as the first one.