susanylee

susanylee

My Summer of Wes - Missy Welsh 3.5 Stars...good times...Besides having possibly the single worst cover ever published, this book was sweeeeeet as apple pie...with a pound of sugar poured on top. Missy Welsh, you are giving Ms. Mary Calmes a run for her money as the queen of fluff! Absolutely ZERO angst or reason for concern or nare a furrowed brow.And for maybe 70% of the book, that's exactly what I loved about it. But, then I started making stuff up in my head, reading into things in the story anticipating something, anything, that would at least make me either dip or rise in emotion...but nope...nada...nothing. So, by the end of this very short book, I was a bit bored. Nevertheless, Wes and Mal are such sweet and likable characters: Mal, I want to own him as my sidekick...and hug him and squeeze him and pet him and pat him on the head. He's so freaking adorable. How can you not love a Kindle-reading, glasses-wearing, computer-fixing, inexperienced, self-proclaimed geek. Adorbs.And BTW, this is one of the few books where I feel like the 1st person POV worked...because Mal is so insecure and sweet and pet-worthy! :)If you're coming off a read that has either broken your heart or set you off-track to a dark place or just twisted you up inside, this might be a great follow-up to bring you back to the sunny-side!