susanylee

susanylee

First Against the Wall - Manna Francis WAHOOOO! Thank god…I’m STILL alive! After working myself up over what could possibly happen in this much touted and anticipated part of TA, I can say with confidence that…it wasn’t that bad! Look mom, I’m ok! (And at least 1000 less exclamation points than I’m used to using when a book tears me apart!)Now, on to the book...I am nothing if not predictable. I love me some romance. And unfortunately, for 2/3 of this book, there wasn’t much. Warrick was noticeably absent and I was starting to get grouchy. Yes, the resistance/I&I takeover/rebuild/Toreth storyline was interesting…but I didn’t get THIS far in this series to not demand and expect more interaction among our main characters! C’mon!Well, guess I’ll just have to distract myself with the magic and wonder that is CARNAC! He was SO FABULOUS in this book! Holy cow! I mean…GEE-ZUS…that scene in Warrick’s apartment where Carnac gets his last jabs in…deliciously BRUTAL. Whooo…it hurts! Manna Francis writes Carnac with such genius that I’m left terrified…and begging for more. (still mulling over his last scene in the car, trying to drive away, physically effected by what he’d done…)But alas, the BEST part(s) of the book were ALL Warrick and Toreth… Warrick “saving” Toreth & SaraWarrick breaking down thinking about almost losing TorethToreth at the zoo thinking about WarrickToreth crumbling to pieces after breaking it off with WarrickWarrick and Toreth together again…at last*sigh* Good, good stuff…