susanylee

susanylee

Sidecar - Amy Lane 2.5 starsSo close. So close to maybe kinda liking this book. It had tons of potential. I liked the writing early on, it was pretty and simple. And the characters were charming. The evolution of Joe & Casey’s relationship was sweet and I enjoyed being a part of it through the years. I can see how and why so many people loved this one. I’m just not one of those people…By the halfway mark, I found myself wondering if we were ever going to leave “Everything-Is-Perfect-And-Life-Is-So-Awesome-Ville”. The book just became so DULL and slow. I was getting antsy and wanted to scream “move it along already”!!! The summary of the book makes it sound 10x’s more exciting than it actually was. For having the reputation of writing angst-ridden books, I feel like Amy Lane went out of her way to score negative on the angst-o-meter. And yet again, I finish one her books feeling annoyed. PS – lots written about Joe’s fu man chu ‘stache. Bad, yes. But, the COMBO of it all is the worst: man-pony, fu man chu ‘stache, soul patch, soft middle, a huge bulbous penis with a small tip…oh, but a big heart. Huh…yeah, you got me drooling over this one…