susanylee

susanylee

Game, Set (The Administration, #3.1) - Manna Francis PER-FUCKING-FECTION!!!One of the BEST pieces of writing I’ve read. Twisted and SMART…so, so smart! Layers and layers of the human psyche and condition and behavior being peeled away…ridiculously BRILLIANT!Don’t shoot me… I am OBSESSED with Carnac. I kid you not…he’s one of my FAVORITE characters EVER! He is so head-and-shoulders beyond anyone else in this series to date…just mutherf’ing SO GOOD! He’s a lunatic in the most eerie, calculating way. I was so drawn into him that he’s the one character I actually felt like I could TRUST! He makes sense to me! Ha! I savored every thought of his. His plan was genius! And I would have liked to see it play out to success. But, alas, he accepts the failure, understands how it happened, and walked away without a scratch.It was a little sad to see how everyone in Toreth’s life understands him better than he does himself. I think it would drive him crazy knowing they all see the sociopath in him…and how that actually makes him so easy to be played. Again, I love Warrick in this. I would have been angry that he took Toreth back so easily, but his behavior was spurred both by his feelings towards Toreth as well as his understanding of him. Position of strength.“Game, Set”, alone, has just shot the series up to the top of my list.