susanylee

susanylee

A Reason To Believe - Diana Copland 3.5 starsThis book was moving right along at a 4-star pace. I was really enjoying it. I originally rolled my eyes at the thought of this celebrity medium who made money off of talking to the dead. It was all a bit "John Edward" for me to handle. BUT, Diana Copland did something really smart: she made Kiernan absolutely adorable and lovable...and sweet. He's the kind of guy I'd want as a best friend. So cute! (and his goofy t-shirts...reminded me of Ty from Cut & Run)Matt was a bit of a tragic character and my heart hurt for his loss. But, I was so glad to read the attraction between he & Kiernan unfold. I really enjoyed their pairing (though, per usual...I could have used a bit more smut...but I'm a perv, so...) And god knows I love me a cop in the M/M genre, so it was a given I'd enjoy this. Where the book totally lost me and turned ridiculous and leveled down to the 3-star range was around the 90% mark...when a blue ball of light and a gray funnel cloud of ashes shows up. I was just annoyed as that part of the scene totally took away from a very intense moment. Up until that point, the supernatural aspect of the book was interesting...but from there, it just turned lame.Still, enjoyable...