susanylee

susanylee

Dirty Secret - Rhys Ford Another 3.5 stars...First half of this book was a mix of snooze-fest and utter confusion. I was getting bored of the storyline moving so slowly and the barrage of Korean-named characters was confusing…even for me! Truly, how likely is it that every single Korean man Cole comes in contact with is gay and every single person in his seemingly small world gets shot at and killed? (And PS: not all Koreans sleep with their cousins as this series may suggest! Ha!)BUT, the book took a turn when the author finally decided to spend some quality time on the relationship between Cole and Jae. The story is just richer and more interesting when it’s focused on the two MC’s…go figure. Their playfulness and tenderness was endearing and I started to finally feel invested. I love witnessing Cole breaking down Jae's walls. Too little, too late? Maybe. I’m not certain I’ll read the next book once it’s released. Not convinced it’s going to entertain…we’ll seeOH…but a huge shout out to Rhys Ford for a brilliant little nod to Josh Lanyon’s Adrien English fans: “I spied the Cloak and Dagger bookstore before we hit our next turn. Bobby followed my gaze and murmured, “Ever go in there?” “Yeah, it’s a nice place. Mostly mysteries, I think,” I said, remembering the last time I’d made it out to Pasadena. “Guy who runs it is fucking hot.”” LOVE IT!