susanylee

susanylee

A Matter of Time, Vol. 2 - Mary Calmes If I had not been paying attention, I would have sworn I was reading Volume 1 all over again. Volume 2 is the exact same book: white van kidnapping Jory; Sam and Jory fighting over coming out; one of them leaving the other at the hospital; every man that Jory meets wants to feed him, fuck him, and take care of him. It got old. You know what else got old? Jory running off and putting himself in danger…over and over again.You know what did NOT get old? Sam and JoryI still love them. I was sad that Dane became such a secondary character in this volume. And the whole murder mystery was exasperating. All in all, satisfied because I got more of Sam & Jory, but probably could have been just as happy ending it after Volume 1. We'll see how the next books in the series play out...And I’d like to have some final words with Mary Calmes: Michael and Beverly’s wedding made me IRATE. Seriously, you write about this wedding over writing about Sam & Jory’s? You write that they have to be closeted at the wedding because of Bev’s family? And you write Sam acting like an ass and letting this Amanda character hang all over him, sit on his lap, and he basically COMPLETELY ignores Jory through the whole thing? What gives? Totally inconsistent with where the story had already grown to. Completely infuriating and a terrible ending to this book.