susanylee

susanylee

Rough Canvas - Joey W. Hill Please pardon me while I have a "moment"...HOLY SHIT THIS BOOK IS EXQUISITE!Joey W. Hill, new to me author, writes like an artist. This book felt like I closed my eyes and was listening to a masterpiece composition...music that rolled over me, harshly grabbed me and pulled me under as I was drowning, and then gently brought me back up for air. The emotions in this book were felt so acutely in my heart, in my gut, in my fingertips, in my...ummmm...well, you know...The first half of the book I felt so much loss and pain and protectiveness towards Thomas. And because of it, I became obsessed with how Marcus loved him and took care of him. But, very abruptly, not subtle at all, I found myself fiercely aligned with Marcus...even to the point of getting angry at times with Thomas for hurting him. The most intense and ridiculously-well-written scenes (the BDSM club, the hospital, every interaction between Marcus and Thomas' mom) continue to haunt me. And I loved the comic relief that the character of Julie brought to the book. I'm obsessed with her.The book has BDSM in it, but not in a way that is in your face. I felt BDSM was used as a way to shine light into who our characters are in their core and why. For those who are not "fans" of BDSM, don't let that push you away from this book at all...you'll be missing out on a BEAUTIFUL love story.READ THIS BOOK!