susanylee

susanylee

Special Forces - Veterans (Special Forces, #3) - Aleksandr Voinov,  Marquesate,  Vashtan Done. I feel like I ran a grueling marathon...and came in first place! That exhausted. That elated.I will miss you Vadim and Dan. You’ve changed my life…seriously.Sorry to friends and family and DVR who have gone neglected. Sorry to Goodreads community for being such a basket case.Sorry to books and ARC’s and Buddy Reads I passed over.Sorry to the exclamation point for overusing you in every update, comment, and review.The Review:Veterans was the perfect ending to an amazing series. It felt like a salve, a balm, to roughened, raw, and damaged skin. It soothed all the parts that Soldiers and Mercenaries left damaged and scarred. And, again, in the end there was love. Love hard-earned - surviving Dan’s downward spiral, Vadim’s PTSD & therapy, a stalker, a pain-in-the-ass (I’m referring to Jean...ha!), additional sexcapades, children, old wounds, new wounds...After 25 years, rape, torture, killing, war, injury, deception, lovers, manages, fights, and fisting…we finally get their Happily Ever After…till death do them part…*sigh*Thank you, Marquesate & Aleksandr "The Genius" Voinov for this masterpiece. I only wish that I had been one of the first to have read it so it wouldn't feel so "ordinary" and "expected" when I say how AMAZING Special Forces is and what a DEEP IMPACT it had on me.