susanylee

susanylee

Special Forces - Mercenaries Part II (Special Forces, #2 part 2) - Aleksandr Voinov,  Marquesate,  Vashtan I will start this review with 3 words:I HATE DAN.I find him to be selfish, simple-minded, inconsiderate, and he hurts my heart over and over again... Now, despite all those reasons, I am CONFLICTED about him. When he’s vulnerable, when he’s not “Mad Dog”, when he loves and cherishes Vadim…I want to like him…and gosh darnit, I sometimes do. Damn you, Dan.Now, on with the review:I had a hard time with Mercenaries Part 2. It felt like one long orgy and I just got SO TIRED of the sex and Dan (and Vadim) taking on all these wayward gays who needed direction. I’m wondering WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING!???!!!But, what I came to realize at the end, is that, just like in Soldiers and in Merc Pt 1, the authors are making you EARN it. They want you to go through it all, sift through every grain, to find the flakes, and if you’re lucky, nuggets of gold. And when you find them, you realize the VALUE and the TREASURE you attained! It feels tedious, it feels repetitive, it feels frustrating, but the reward feels WORTH it.Yes, the story got to be annoying, but in it all, what remained true and tested and the base of everything – Vadim’s & Dan’s love. As always. A love I might not entirely understand, played out in a way I obviously don't always agree with...but stronger than anything I've ever experienced in any book before.Nothing I have ever read before this series has made me feel so intimately attached to characters and their lives and their love…and that’s the ultimate reward EARNED.PS - One full star for HOOCH! Hooooooooch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!On to Veterans…