susanylee

susanylee

From the Ashes - Adrien-Luc Sanders I just put this book down and thought to myself: "That was so much fun!""From the Ashes" is basically X-men w/ a M/M romance in the backdrop. It's about a mutant population (aberrants) and the humans who fear them. (Sound familiar?) The prince of the aberrants, Blaze/Tobias, lives among the humans (in Berkeley, CA...my town!) and falls in love w/ a professor at his school. He's torn between his duties as an aberrant and his love for the human.The book unravels a bit slowly in the beginning but hits a really exciting and action-packed ending...leaving itself completely open for sequels. I did find the romance aspect a bit tame (actually, it lacked any of the juicy details we perverted GR readers have come to love and crave...less so than even some YA books I've read). Still, though I typically don't like to stray too far from contemporary romance reads, the relationships between Tobias and Sean was sweet and I found myself surprised at how much I enjoyed this book.It won't be for everyone. But, if you like action/fantasy movies like X-men or the Avengers, you might really enjoy this.And thanks to my fellow readers on the M/M Romance Group boards for recommending this!