susanylee

susanylee

No Fear - S.J. Frost 2.5 starsThis book suffers from taking itself too seriously. And because if it, I started to feel like I was reading a comedy. After book 1, I was hopeful that this might be a promising series that got better w/ each book. Unfortunately that was not the case. Yes, the relationship between Jesse and Evan remained the highlight of the book, it was really the only good part. The "rocker"-related scenes were so outrageous and the dialogue so ridiculous, over-the-top, and unrealistic. That left me to find my entertainment value in the romance scenes between Jess & Ev. And though, like in the first book, they remained steamy and often times sweet, it started to get old. And Jess, still living in his own ego-god-complex world, starting to grate on me, as I feared he might. The story itself had potential: struggles w/ having to hide being gay in the public eye, hate crimes, competition among talent, etc. But, I just could not get into the writing.Leaving the series and will not be reading on...