susanylee

susanylee

Conquest - S.J. Frost Not bad.I'm reminded why I don't really like "rocker" romance books. Musicians are so often written as ridiculously arrogant and that grates on me. Jesse Alexander, the up-and-coming music phenom has conceit and ego so huge it's almost comical. "He wasn't used to being around another guy who he felt was more attractive than himself" "He decided he would love doing photo shoots...part of it could be because the extra attention he got since the photographers always wanted him in the front, in the most dramatic sexy poses, or shots of him solo." Ugh...so arrogant.HOWEVER, the moments (and there are gloriously many of them) that Jesse and Even were together were surprisingly sweet and tender and steamy and overshadowed all the bit of annoyance I had. I loved their relationship. And I loved that they found commonality and acceptance and understanding in each other. I'm committed to reading book 2, though I fear once Jesse makes it big, his ego might turn me away...we'll see...