susanylee

susanylee

Shattered Glass (Shattered Glass, #1) - Dani Alexander 4.5 StarsI liked this book SO SO SO much! It was fun, intense, sweet, suspenseful...I loved Austin Glass. For a man who suddenly found himself DIVING head first into a life of being gay, he maintained his sense of humor (hysterical!) and embraced it! And Peter...I think because it was so confusing for both he and Austin to be this connected with each other, I loved the tender, "romantic" moments (few and far between...which is what made them so "Ahhhhh"-inspiring).The story arc(s) were fantastic and it was one of the few times I didn't actually guess how it was all going to turn out. I was surprised a number of times after Dani Alexander would reveal another doozy that caught me off guard.With that being said, a few beefs with the book:1. Too many characters. I got lost at times not remembering who was who (esp. all the police offers and mafia members and people w/ 2-3 different names). And at times, I had to reread portions of the book because I wasn't exactly sure what had just happened.2. Needed more sizzle...it was a bit tame...I'm happy to find that there will be more books in the series! I'm hoping the next books, though focused on others of our secondary characters from this book, will still include healthy doses of, and storylines for, Austin and Peter!