susanylee

susanylee

Lover Eternal - J.R. Ward 2.5 stars.This should have been an awesome book. It wasn't.I loved Book 1: Dark Lover. I was so excited to plow through this series and I could not have been happier that Rhage's story was the next in line. But this book proves the equation: Hot, hunky, alpha lead male + whiny, painfully annoying female = terrible love story. Sorry. Mary drove me CRAZY! In fact, I think that she probably drove J.R. Ward crazy because the last 1/3 of the book felt like Rhage and Mary's story was tossed aside a bit to highlight the sub-stories going on. And even the ending of Rhage/Mary was just a throwaway - tying everything up with a nice little bow and on to the more interesting stuff. And thank goodness for that...The BEST parts of this book were the introductions to the story between Bella and Zsadist and the future story of John Matthew. SO EXCITED to read on. What I also realized is that this series will need to be read in succession and not out of order. Too much happens with other characters prepping for future books that I think it would be a bad call to read out of the timeline. On to book 3.