susanylee

susanylee

Dark Soul Vol. 3 - Aleksandr Voinov Good god.I thought I could handle twisted. But then, Volume 3 introduced me to a hooker and a brother...and now I have ZERO idea of how I feel about it. And I'm certain Mr. Voinov could care less. The reality is that this is his F'd up world and we're all just along for the ride. God, I'm loving this ride.I can only describe Volume 3 as a deeper disturbing look into our beloved Silvio. And we walk away knowing more about him, understanding even less about him, loving him all the same...and wondering "is it ok that I love him?" (and maybe battling some nausea along the way)It's not for the faint of heart or close-minded. It reminds me of how I felt after reading Tiffany Reisz' "The Siren": I was appalled, wanted to hate it, hated myself for not hating it, and then just resigned myself to the fact that I loved it. Both books challenge all convention and all notions of "acceptable" and "normal".*sigh*. I do declare: I have an obsession w/ the sick mind of Aleksandr Voinov. He may just have ruined me for all other writers. Dare I read on to Volume 4? Of course I do...