susanylee

susanylee

Roughed Up - Hank  Edwards 3.5 starsI have to be honest with you. I didn’t love the first 2 books of the series. When there are so many better pretty-boy-dating-a-cop stories out there, it was hard for me to give books 1 and 2 more than 3 stars. The thing is: I’m a sucker for pretty-boy-dating-a-cop stories though. And I’ve become attached to the MC’s Mark and Aaron enough to read on. Turns out, book 3, “Roughed Up”, is the best of the series and solidly entertaining.Mark and Aaron decide to take a vacation in Barbados. The setting is romantic and without all the pressure that their relationship had been under to date, the 2 are able to relax and enjoy each other. When some unexpected danger in the form of a sex/slave trade comes their way, Mark and Aaron are forced, yet again, to put on their “good guy” hats and save the day. What actually made this book so enjoyable was how surprisingly emotional it was. From the 2 MC’s coming to realize how much they’ve grown to love each other, to the frustration and irritation attached when a couple is really getting to know one another, to the fear and concern when facing true danger… I hadn’t anticipated enjoying this as much as I did. And I like Mark and Aaron more than ever now!This book does not work as a standalone – you definitely have to read books 1 & 2 beforehand. The series as a whole is decently entertaining with the payoff being a solid book 3. Full review at: http://sidlove.wordpress.com/2013/06/15/book-review-roughed-up-by-hank-edwards/