susanylee

susanylee

Blessed Isle - Alex Beecroft 4.5 starsTHIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Gah! I am SHOCKED. STUPEFIED. FLUMMOXED. It was GLORIOUS and I LOVED it!"Thanks, but I don't read historicals""Thanks, but not interested in a book that doesn't have onpage sex""Thanks, but I prefer a book I can actually understand the dialogue"Apparently I don't know myself very well. Because despite every excuse I could have made, I read this on the recommendation of an adored friend and I was swept away. I felt like I was just floating and in complete bliss the entire time. Alex Beecroft wrote a short book that made me feel lost in poetry and prose and in the dearest and deepest love story. Using a journal format where the MC's write alternating chapters of their tale, I was immersed in their journey to each other. It doesn't dive deep, and some of the details are glossed over, but in the end you get everything you need (though I'm left wanting so much more) to understand how Harry & Garnet LOVED. I honestly ended hugging my kindle and just...in utter joy. Painfully lovely...MORE PLEASE! I plan to read this over and over again...