susanylee

susanylee

Spook Squad - Jordan Castillo Price 4.5 stars!!!!!This book was a TREAT!Admittedly, I am new to the PsyCop fan train. I only just read the series this year and thankfully, did not have to wait very long for book 7 to come out. STILL…it was torture…wanting more Vic & Jacob and trying to be patient w/o them in my reading life. They’re one of my Top 3 M/M couples and I feel empty w/o them. :)“Spook Squad” is WORTH THE WAIT!This book, straight up, is Victor Bayne at his BEST. He’s still neurotic. He’s still odd. He’s still a nut. He’s still LOVABLE. But he’s even funnier and more adorable now that he’s figuring out the extent of his gift/talent and now that he’s embraced into his life LOVE (Jacob!) and FRIENDS (Lisa and Crash). And his care towards them is so un-Vic-like, yet so…Vic-like. And if you’re like me and LOVE the coupling of Vic & Jacob, this book was such the culmination of where their relationship has been growing. COMPLETE DEVOTION to one another, utter trust. It’s SO FREAKING GOOD with them! Their ability to communicate and just KNOW each other is….gah…so good! JCP is a master in this book…she writes all the BIG and LITTLE things so well. Musings, thoughts, observations in Vic’s mind were just spot-on-Vic and it honestly felt like a gift to fans of the series. I laughed and cringed and laughed some more. And she brought pretty much the entire cast of characters back and made everyone have a place and a role…even if was just referring to characters who don’t actually have scenes. But what makes me MOST excited is how she ended this and set the series up for MORE (*ahem*…MANY, MANY, MANY more books!