susanylee

susanylee

Cowboy Waltz - Cameron Dane Urgh. This book was just TOO MUCH. Too much sexual tension, too much sexual confusion/gay-for-you, too much back-and-forth-will-they-won’t-they, too much indecision…and THEN…too much sex (gah!), and too much repetition, and then too much sex! Jed is a horse manager who works the rodeo circuit. Booker is a green rookie dying to get his feet wet. Jed gives him a chance and hires him and not only are they coworkers, but they’re roommates…in a trailer. Booker is gay and a virgin and only 18 when they first meet. Jed is 26, straight, and a bit of womanizer, with a broken family past. Scene set…I like that Cameron Dane does this as a slow build, friends-to-something-more story. It was unexpected. But the first 50% of the book spans 4 years of Booker pining for Jed, Jed having confusing feelings for Booker, and not much else. That’s a lot of book to ask the reader to hold on. The 2nd half of the book? Well, it can be described like this: sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex. Classic Dane. The sex is rough and rugged…and there are some sweet words and promises shared among the two, but I do NOT exaggerate when I say…well…you know…it had a LOT of sex! I actually don’t remember much else!I am a sucker for cowboys so I do love Jed & Booker. And yes, the sex, at times, was hot. But the book became repetitive, the dialogue CHEEEEEEEESY (over-the-top drizzled cheese!), and I lost patience by the end. This is a Cameron Dane book…so I know what I’m getting into when reading it. But, all in all…it was just TOO MUCH. If you're in the mood for some good smut, I'd recommend Dane's [b:Grey's Awakening|6235223|Grey's Awakening (Cabin Fever, #2)|Cameron Dane|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1245112569s/6235223.jpg|6417892] over this one. Review can also be found at: http://sidlove.wordpress.com/2013/07/19/book-review-cowboy-waltz-by-cameron-dane/