susanylee

susanylee

Choices - Jamie Mayfield Just a few details: Jamie Mayfield is the fictional character in JP Barnaby's "Little Boy Lost" series. This character has now become a YA writer and is releasing his first book, "Choices". All proceeds from Jamie's books go towards the support of organizations who help homeless LGBT youth.With that being said, I do want to be clear that "Choices" is not actually a new story. This I found out as I turned to page 1. It's actually an adaptation of Barnaby's [b:Enlightened|7765763|Enlightened (Little Boy Lost, #1)|J.P. Barnaby|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1299114088s/7765763.jpg|10643362] & [b:Abandoned|11128881|Abandoned (Little Boy Lost, #2)|J.P. Barnaby|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1348906668s/11128881.jpg|16051993] for YA readers. I had deja vu for a hot second and then realized what was going on. I actually couldn't even tell any difference at all. In any other circumstance, this would annoy me. But, because I feel strongly about the cause, I fully support this "repackaging".In any case, I really liked this series...it made a huge impact on me and opened my eyes not only to the plight of kids being kicked out of homes because of being gay, but also for those being shuffled around in the foster care system, sometimes in truly dismal situations. The books themselves are decent reads (I rated them between 3 - 3.5 stars each the first time through) but the series as a whole is IMPORTANT and POWERFUL.Also, I highly encourage you all to BUY this book (especially if you haven't yet read Little Boy Lost)...so that you can also support a great cause.