susanylee

susanylee

Mexican Heat (Crimes & Cocktails, #1) - Laura Baumbach,  Josh Lanyon I had no idea this was a Josh Lanyon book...until the end. As much as I like his books, I hate every single ending. It's always like we were in the middle of a scene or a paragraph and...I turn the page and get the "About the Author" page. The first few times I thought my kindle was broken. Would it KILL you to give us a The End, Mr. Lanyon? Sheesh! (*shakes fist in air*) :)Ok, with that off my chest, the book was really entertaining were it not for the one storm cloud overhead: the fact that it felt totally unrealistic Miguel's intensity of feelings towards Gabriel. Really? One night over a desk at a club and you're in love? Nope...not believing that...especially taking into consideration what he was willing to give up in Part 2. Now, if I read this book with an "umbrella", so to speak, allowing myself to suspend notion of reality (this is a romance novel, after all. We don't actually WANT it to be that realistic, do we?), and be shielded from this storm cloud, than I found myself really loving Miguel/Antonio, and his dedication to Gabriel and Gabriel's eventually yielding to him.Entertaining enough. As with all Lanyon series I've read (if he takes over the writing of this), the individual books typically fall short, but redeem themselves when the entire series is taken into consideration.PS - one happy thought: having lived in SF for many years, I LOVE books that are based there! Very accurate descriptions as well. Oh, and one more happy thought: how HOT are the chests of the guys on the cover. HOLY MOLY!!!!!!