susanylee

susanylee

Faith & Fidelity (Faith, Love and Devotion)

Faith & Fidelity - Tere Michaels 2.5 starsI have a love / hate relationship with this book. I really, really like the MC’s. As broken and lost and hurting as they are, Evan and Matt are good men who deserve happiness…and each other. I liked how we got to see them meet, befriend each other, and eventually realize their attraction and love for one another. That’s enough to make me feel ok about having read the book.But, there were a few things that absolutely drove me bonkers and irritated the CRAP out of me and made me want to literally scream:1. I did, initially have a problem with the GFY angle – not that they fell in love, but that they so quickly and easily fell in physical lust. The author didn’t explore enough their transition into M/M sexual encounters and the aftermath both psychologically and emotionally.2. Matt was so aggressive in the beginning. It felt like he was pushing Evan into the direction he wanted him to go…Evan who was clearly hurting, lonely, broken. A slight bit of discomfort there…was it manipulation?3. Evan was such a coward…fine, be that way. But, to let months and months go along and then let your KIDS be the ones to invite Matt back into your life? SERIOUSLY? And Matt…letting the KIDS make the move and not expecting a HUGE, groveling apology from Evan? I was SO put off by this, I skimmed the last 10 pages of the book. FURY!I’m undecided if I will go on and read the rest of the series. I have no connection or desire to know more about James, in all honesty. But, I may want to read more about Evan and Matt. I just don’t entire trust the author not to ruin it w/ lame story arcs and a confusing writing style.