susanylee

susanylee

Our December (The Making of a Man)

Our December  - Diane  Adams (Would have been 3.5 stars...but that's Tony from [b:Life Lessons|11277601|Life Lessons (Life Lessons, #1)|Kaje Harper|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1304382935s/11277601.jpg|16204726] on the cover in, what looks like the same shirt. I'm not ok with this.)Hmmm…conflicted.I have a REAL problem with the underage story line. I find it hard to believe that a good-looking, responsible, successful 20-yr old would WANT to be hanging out with an immature 15 yr-old kid as friends, even with attraction. And the 16-yr-old “age of consent”…well, I’m not entirely supportive of that either (but that’s more about politics than books…)HOWEVER…it’s hard not to like Jared and Alex. Jared is, for sure, a man of integrity. And though he emotionally crosses the line, he never PHYSICALLY crosses it…and technically, I guess that’s ok. Alex is adorable. I’m not convinced that someone his age and inexperience level would be so forward in his interactions with Jared, but he’s charming and sweet. The two of them together are heartwarming and I kept wishing I could just fast-forward to when Alex turned 18 and I could breathe a sigh of relief and get over my hesitation.I can see why people LOVE this book and this series. I’m sold enough to continue reading…hopeful…