susanylee

susanylee

Games of the Heart (The 'Burg Series)

Games of the Heart (The 'Burg, #4) - Kristen Ashley *sigh*...another *sigh*...ok...I once read that Kristen Ashley couldn't get the character of Mike Haines out of her head after writing At Peace. I was SO glad that she dove into his story in Games of the Heart. As much as I loved Vi w/ Joe (At Peace), there was just something about Mike that made me want him to find love too. Bless you, KA, for this book. Thank you for writing such amazing characters, spanning generations, and intertwining our favorites from the other 'Burg Series books. And thank you for making it JUST about them...and not straying too far with outlandish story arcs (which you sometimes tend to do...just sayin'. :) ...fun and exciting...but outlandish!)I'll start with Dusty. God, she is pretty much the most lovable, kickass, kind, funny female lead out there. And thank goodness...because it would take someone this amazing to match with Mike. But, ultimately, this book was a love letter written by KA to Mike Haines. Ha! That's how I read it. After every chapter, I let out a literal *sigh* of longing for Mike. He is just THAT GOOD. Really, KA, you've probably sentenced me to a lifetime of being single because I don't know that I could settle for anything less than Mike Haines!PS - I always say that each time I read a new KA book, that current leading man becomes my new favorite. Duh. Happened again. MIKE F'ING HAINES! And this time, I doubt anyone's knocking him off the leader board. *swoon*If you love a good, character-driven love story with just-that-perfect male lead (and of course, being an KA book, you gotta love yourself an Alpha!), you should definitely read Games of the Heart.