susanylee

susanylee

Sinner's Gin

Sinner's Gin - Rhys Ford Solid 3.5 stars...I really didn’t expect to enjoy this as much as I did. I typically don’t like “musician” books and though I do enjoy Rhys Ford’s style, I have to be in the mood for her mystery storylines. They get quiet convoluted at times. (for some reason, I like those kinds of books in the Winter time…:) ! Summer is all about sexy and sweet…) BUT, I actually really liked Sinner’s Gin.Miki, the lead singer of the band Sinner’s Gin and sadly, one broken, broken man (emotionally and physically) is so sympathetic and it’s hard NOT to want to hold him close and take care of him. The more we get to know about his past, the harder it is to swallow. How he manages to love anyone after all of that is beyond. Kane, an Irish-American detective and Miki’s neighbor is your strong-and-steady cop and I LOVED him. He was EXACTLY what Miki needed and the 2 of them together…*sigh*…well, I just really loved their pairing and how they came to depend on each other so much. Sprinkle in Kane’s family, who I enjoyed as side characters…and one big WHOPPER of a twist at the end (setting up perfectly for book 2 “Whiskey & Wry”)…and I could overlook some of the slower, draggier parts in the middle to really enjoy the book as a whole.