susanylee

susanylee

Slam!

Slam! - J.L. Merrow 2.5 starsWell…here’s where I’m conflicted.This book was all kinds of ridiculous.But some of that ridiculous was kinda hysterical: the first karate class? Had me in stitiches…And some of that ridiculous is just the kind I like: closeted alpha being a jerk but eventually coming around. Swoon…Yet some of that ridiculous was so eye-rolling: do I actually LIKE Jude the MC or does he bug the CRAP out of me until I want to scream?...However, worst of all, much of that ridiculous was just boring: I skimmed all parts not Jude & David…and Bubbles…I think I would have enjoyed this book much more if it was shorter. I wouldn’t have the time to get even more annoyed with Jude, Keisha might not have even existed, Kevin would be a non-factor, and I could still get my kicks at cracking up over a dude named Knut. PS – it has nothing to do with Slam performances…FYI…I mean it does, but not really…Alas, I finished having sharpened my skimming skills and having a new desire to pen and perfect my own limericks."There was a young gal from the cityWho liked books that were smutty and wittyShe preferred man on manZane, Hsin, Damen, Vadim were her clanSuch escape made her horny and giddy"*Can you BELIEVE that was my FIRST? :)