susanylee

susanylee

Eden: 3

Eden - Jamie McGuire I read all 3 books of this trilogy back to back and I'm glad I did. It's very clear the role each book plays in the overall story.Book 1 is the love story and draws you in to fall in love with Nina and Jared (esp. Jared)Book 2 sets up the supporting characters, allows you to get used to a darker theme, and prepares you for what's next.Book 3 is the action-packed, prophecy-filling, spiritual warfare driven conclusion. As I began Eden, I wasn't sure I was loving it. It started off a bit slow. But, as it gradually picked up, it wrapped up with such intensity that I couldn't put it down! As much as Providence was a YA/Romance novel, I really feel like Eden ended as a Supernatural/Thriller. Less was focused on the actual relationships with the characters, although that is always in the background. It was more about telling the story of why we had these characters in the first place. Yes, there is some Twilight in there. And there's a bit of the Matrix (note: chapter where they're coming back from Virginia Beach). I just found it heart-racing. I would have loved for the battles between the angels and demons to have had a little bit more detail and focus instead of being implied or in the background. But, all in all, I found this entire series SO satisfying.