susanylee

susanylee

More than Meets the Ink

More than Meets the Ink - Elle Aycart I loved this book!I am a sucker for contemporary romance. But the truth of the matter is, 99% of the stories, though set in current times, have dialogue (especially in the steamy scenes) that still screams "harlequin" books w/ Fabio on the cover - old-school, not real, just short of calling each other "my beloved" (let's be honest: no one calls each other "my beloved" in the throes of passion anymore, do they?). What I LOVED about More Than Meets the Ink is that it feels exactly like real life: the way my girlfriends and I talk, or the way scenes play out that are ALL to familiar. The "pillow talk" is dirty and unrehearsed and not poetic and 100% real! I loved how authentic and current it felt.James...oh James. You are a true hero. Good, good man to the core. Always trust grandmas...they know how to pick' em. And those ladies at the retirement community loved him. Me too.Tate, well, you grew on me. I was so annoyed by your sterotypes and referring to James as "your kind". Then I grew to like you. Then I hated you. Then, finally, as any good groveling heartfelt apology will do, I decided to like you again. :)I'll end with this one last thought: James *sigh*...