susanylee

susanylee

Deep Autumn Heat: A Loveswept Contemporary Romance

Deep Autumn Heat - Elisabeth Barrett 3.5 starsAnother solid, entertaining Loveswept novel. I think LS books are good as "tweeners"...the books you read in between the ones that tear you apart, make you sob, take your breath away (think: Kristen Ashley or JR Ward...at least for me). These books are "safe". They have just enough story, just charming enough characters (though maybe not entirely memorable), just enough heat, and just enough action to make it a quick, entertaining read. But not too much of any of it to leave you spent. As a self-proclaimed foodie, I'm a sucker for a book about chefs. Love that. And I also love all the references to Berkeley/San Francisco (having lived there), and the local culinary scene (Alice Waters, Thomas Keller). But, I also love (especially during my Summer reading) books about New England and small, charming towns. Partner all of that with the promise of more stories about the rest of the Grayson brothers and this book was a hit. (Liked me some Sebastian, but I'm really excited about Theo (next up) and then Cole and Val, hopefully soon to follow!)