susanylee

susanylee

Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #11)

Lover at Last - J.R. Ward I asked Goodreads readers, fans of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, and most especially fans of Qhuay (Qhuinn & Blay) for their thoughts on the book. They were allowed 5 words each. Here's what they had to say:*********************************************************spoiler-free review*“Because I was, and I remain, utterly and completely and totally…in love with you.”I am a fan’ish of the BDB series. I’ve liked the books in varying degrees throughout. I’ve also hated and been massively irritated by parts of the books as well. None of that matters when it comes to Qhuinn and Blay. I’m not sure what it is that reduces grown women into squee’ing fangirls. It’s not like the friends-to-lovers, miscommunication-ridden angst, soul mates storyline is new. It’s just that there’s something really really special about them. And that is evident in the number of present-day M/M readers who say they stumbled into the genre because of “Qhuay” (*raises hand as a member of the masses*)“Lover at Last” is highly anticipated not only for the story, but because it brings M/M into the mainstream, and it will expose the love of 2 men to many, many readers who never would have chosen to consume such a storyline. The implications are HUGE. That alone should probably earn it 5 stars.Now the book itself is…ok. Ward, as she usually does, sprinkles the time and pages amongst tons of characters and the shared-wealth probably reaches out to a wider variety of readers. For me, I thought most of it was a snoozefest.Trez’s story – snoozeXcor’s story – snoozeLayla’s story – still an idiot, and snoozeAssail’s story – kinda interesting, but mostly a snoozeBut really…ALL THAT MATTERS…The ONLY thing I REALLY REALLY WANTED (and quite frankly didn’t get enough of) was QHUINN AND BLAY! (