susanylee

susanylee

Show No Mercy

Show No Mercy - Cindy Gerard I think I should have liked this more than I did. I'm all about the BOI's and the brotherhood. Love the scenes when we get a taste of that (the rescue from the safe house is a favorite of mine). BUT, I felt there were just too many holes in this story. It almost seemed like I jumped in in the middle of the book...when this is supposed to be the first book of the series. For instance, we never got all the details of the backstory between Jenna and Gabe. We only got these bits and pieces of their first encounters. But what drew them to each other? I wanted to know more about the first time they were in Argentina together because they refer back to it so often. Also, the ending. Without giving too much away...what did we miss? Or are we supposed to believe that in a few months time, Gabe could suddenly change into a totally different man? I wasn't buying it. In the end, I'm sure I'll move on to the rest of the series because I want to know more about Reed and Doc. :) I'm hoping their stories will win me over.