susanylee

susanylee

Cut & Run

Cut & Run - Abigail Roux, Madeleine Urban "REREAD WEEK" (Nov 23, 2012)BETTER THE SECOND TIME AROUND!!! Having the liberty to skip some of the murkier, over-complicated, drawn-out parts and not lose the overall story is a gift. And, being reintroduced to characters I’ve already come to know & love…feels like experiencing your first time all over again w/o the awkwardness of being a virgin! :)Ty & Zane’s first time in the hotel room is one of the sexiest scenes EVER. Loved it! New observation: I’ve always recalled the banter and the enemies-to-lovers angle in Cut & Run. But what I did not remember, and was so touched to read this time around, was how affectionate they were to one another. Tender kisses and caresses and hugs and sighs…soooo good!Original rating: 3.5 starsReread rating: 4 stars*******************************ORIGINAL REVIEW *For the book alone, I would rate this 3.5 stars...but for the promise of what's to come and my attachment now to the characters, I push it to 4 stars* Thanks GR friends for 1) nudging me into this genre, 2) recommending this book, and 3) warning me that it starts slow but to power through to the good stuff.It's official: I'm a Cut & Run fan! Ok, yes, it's a little annoying in the beginning. I have to admit, I was lost! ha! The details surrounding the mystery/suspense aspect of the book were confusing and it also took me awhile to get used to the author's style. I found it really cliche...like David Caruso in CSI: Miami - style. Super cheesy. And Ty & Zane played the stereotypical good agent/bad agent and it was almost TOO obvious.BUT THEN...(duh duh duuuuhhhh...) something significant happens in the middle of the book and the roles reverse and it starts to get REALLY interesting. Couple that with the growing attraction between Ty & Zane and I was HOOKED! I have to say that I think the ending (both in the whodunnit and the HEA) were both predictable. But, Ty & Zane grew to be so attractive and their coupling so HOT that I can totally look past it! :)Looking forward to reading the rest of the series!