susanylee

susanylee

Rock Chick Revenge (Rock Chick, #5)

Rock Chick Revenge  - Kristen Ashley It pains me to say this, but Rock Chick Revenge barely squeaks by with 3 stars.Let me start by saying:1. I am a HUGE Kristen Ashley fan.2. I am a HUGE Luke Stark fan.3. I love all things Rock Chicks. However, Ava Barlowe bugs the CRAP out of me! I had to stop reading at Chapter 3. Then, I picked it back up and had to stop reading at Chapter 12. (Mind you, I've NEVER walked away from a KA book!). But, I was getting so infuriated with Ava, for my own sanity, I had to step back, take a breath, give myself a pep talk, remind myself that the book would certainly have more of the other Rock Chick/Hot Bunch Boys, and get back to reading.Things that bugged me about Ava:1. The games she played w/ Luke and the lies ("fibs"). GRRRRR.2. Good and Bad Ava: I basically skipped every part that had these "conversations".3. "Swearing off men" - get over it. 4. "Why me?" victim mentality...woman, you've got Luke, Ren, and Riley all into you. Life is NOT that difficult!5. And all in all, I just think she totally disrespected Luke. And I will NOT have any of that! :)Thankfully, the last 1/4 of the book redeemed itself a bit and I ended up feeling better about the outcome. But, man, if not for that last 25% of the story, I would have had to give KA her first 2 star rating...and that would have torn me up.