susanylee

susanylee

Rock Chick Reckoning (Rock Chick, #6)

Rock Chick Reckoning - Kristen Ashley SOLID 4 stars…maybe 4.5…yeah, 4.5 stars…I love that we all can have our favorites of KA books and those favorites can be the same, they can be completely different, but they always draw us together. A lot of my GR friends didn’t love this book. I, however, DID...one of my favorites, actually!!!!!!! I loved Mace and Stella and the story was fan-f’ing-tastic.Things I loved about “Rock Chick Reckoning”:*Juno (…now I want a St. Bernard)*Rock and Roll (…the best soundtrack to a book ever)*Mace, Mace, Mace, freakin’ Mace (…surfer, turned snowboarder, turned PI…my dream)*Stella (…one of the few Rock Chicks that doesn’t annoy)*Roam (…Hot Bunch guy in training)*Lovely Jules & Vance bits*Lee & Indy’s wedding*Reading the word “kitten” coming out of Mace’s mouth (…kekekeke…I giggle every time)*“Erm, ex-kah-use-me?” (…hilarious)*“Shitsofuckit!” (…I’m stealing this word)*All the Rock Chicks had alternate Hot Bunch guys (…My main guy is Hank so Mace is now my alternate! ☺)*“I gotta learn to handle you with more care” (…freakin’ Mace...love you... *sigh*)*“My dog loved my man” (…as it should be)I’ve read a lot of comments about the epilogue. I just have to say, I was not a fan. Not because KA reveals the future before the last 2 books of the series come out. (I don’t mind that so much). But, I just didn’t like “famous” Stella and Mace, her “bodyguard”. It didn’t sit right with me. And Mace, coming out on stage at a dive bar to kiss her is one thing, but in front of a stadium of thousands? I wasn’t buying it. Anyhoo…loved it…